Ashley Madison used to be the undisputed king of the marital dating world until its data hack of 2015.
With over a hundred million monthly users, there weren’t many sites like Ashley Madison, but the exposé left it in tatters. The data breach affected families in most extreme ways from breaking marriages apart to forging stronger bonds and driving users away.
Even though the dust has settled on that particular saga, dating affairs and hookups remain exciting. But committed people looking for a little spice on the side are not convinced about returning to the site. They have now started looking for Ashley Madison alternatives.
If you happen to be a believer in once bitten, twice shy dictum and are looking for a new platform for married dating, you are in the right place!
7 Best Affair Sites Like Ashley Madison
In this post, we present a list of affair sites similar to Ashley Madison with a little review of each. Have a look, pick out the best option for you, and get back to the dating scene!
1. No Strings Attached – Best For Discret Sex
NoStringsAttached.com is relatively new to the casual dating scene when compared to other sites like Ashley Madison. Nevertheless, it has managed to attract over 3 million users to date.
It has set itself apart from the competition by focusing on the married dating world. Whether you are looking for cheating wives or married husbands, this site is worth a try.
Justifying its name, No Strings Attached is popular for casual sex. You will find both married and single users here, covering a wide spectrum.
Its privacy features ensure your encounters are discreet. Staying up to date with the latest trends of high internet speeds and improved cameras, it accommodates the needs of those looking for cyber-sex.
Salient features of No Strings Attached:
- Short sign-up process
- Private networks within the site to add another layer of security
- Control over profile visibility
- Video upload
- Effective matching system
- Huge video database
- Offers a perfect blend of safety and security
- Reasonably priced paid membership
2. AdultFriendFinder – Best For Friend With Benefits
If you have never heard of it before, you are likely to be misled by the name. The site isn’t much about finding a friend as it is about finding your way to quick sex. Sounds similar to Ashley Madiaon, doesn’t it? Visit the website, and it will become more obvious.
Here are the highlights of the site:
- Over 25 million visitors per month
- U.S. users make up over half the traffic
- Fast, no-frills registration
- Direct messaging
- Description or picture isn’t mandatory to register (we highly recommend it, though!)
- A lot of filters to play with (gender, age, race, distance, marital status, location, sexual orientation, etc.)
Given its popularity across the globe, some people do consider it better than Ashley Madisoon. It had its own problems with a data breach a couple of years back, but that has not dented the users’ confidence.
In short, if you are looking for friends with benefits, however remotely, this is the site to check out!
3. BeNaughty – Best For Quick Hookups
True to its name, the website promotes frank, to-the-point conversations with no fluff whatsoever. If you are looking for hookups and quick fun, BeNaughty.com should be at the top of your list.
They have a comprehensive profile verification to weed out fakes. Additionally, they deploy top safety measures so that you do not have to worry about any data breaches.
Here are a few salient features of the website:
- Free sign-up
- Over 17 million monthly visitors
- Near equal gender ratio with 52% of females
- 24×7 dedicated helpline
- Monthly membership ranging from $10.99 to $24.99
- Popular in the U.S., Canada, and Germany
- A “hot or not” feature to mark profiles as you browse
Thanks to these features, BeNaughty.com is on top of the list of sites that are the best cheating site alternatives to Ashley Madison. And you do not need to enter your credit card information to have a look around at the kinds of profiles available!
4. Marital Affair – Free For Women
A website that makes no bones about what it offers, Marital Affair has been in operation for over a decade. Focused on married people vying for variety, it has discretely separated itself from the competition that targets adults in general.
The target audience has received it well as it continues to enjoy healthy growth globally, and some even consider it to be the best alternative to A.Madison.
Here are the features you would love about it:
- Free to join and create a profile
- 3 paid membership options to choose from
- Wide range of filters to narrow down your search
- Free members can check out profiles and matches
- Completely free for women
- Mobile version loaded with all the features of the website
If you are married and looking to test the extramarital waters before jumping in, this is the website for you. It’s security features provide the much-needed confidentiality that has been an issue with some other sites.
5. Zoosk – Best For Young Adults
Zoosk has come a long way from its initial days of being a small Facebook app that struggled to get noticed. Launched in 2007, it is now available in 25 languages across 80 countries. There are over 40 million registered users spread across the world, which makes for plenty of choices, irrespective of the country you are in.
Things you’d love about Zoosk:
- Simple set-up with free basic membership
- Profiles verified at multiple levels
- Near even gender split
- Diverse user base
- The average age of 27 (men) and 24 (women)
- Adaptive matchmaking algorithm
It has simplified the dating game for people like you looking for an Ashley Madison alternative.
If you want to meet someone really fast, sign in using your Google or Facebook account, answer a few questions, and there’s a global dating universe to explore!
6. Match.com – Best Matchmaking Site
Match.com has been around for over twenty-five years, evolving itself with time to cater to the needs of users like you.
Available across 25+ countries, Match.com is one of those rare dating websites to have an offline presence. It is famous for its “Stir” events organized across the U.S. where members can get together to have a shot at quick, easy fun.
A free account gives you access to basic profile information of other users, but the paid membership is where the real fun begins. Once you set up your profile and enter your choices, you will have a wide pool of matching profiles to choose from.
We bet you will have a good time with the following features:
- “Mutual match” that highlights closely matching profiles
- Mobile support to give you instant access to the dating world
- Easy to use interface
- Narrow your search with advanced features (words, reverse match, date spark, location-focused search, etc.)
- Improved matchmaking based on your inputs
Given its large user base and online-offline presence, you may well find it to be the best alternative to AM.
7. Our Time – Best For The 50+
Dating has become synonymous with younger and middle-aged people, leaving out the older ones. ‘Our Time’ bridges this gap by focusing on those over 50 years of age. Often ignored by the mainstream sites, ‘Our Time’ comes in as one of the top sites better than Ashley Madison in the 50+ age group.
The registration process is very simple, which is helpful given that not everyone in the older population is tech savvy.
Once you fill out your basic details, you are all set to search for members and apply different filters to suit your taste.
Here are the features you are going to love about ‘Our Time’:
- It takes less than 3 minutes to sign up.
- Detailed search criteria to find your match.
- See profile pictures without paying for membership.
- Thoroughly captured, editable profile information.
- Simple, intuitively designed mobile app with all necessary functions.
- Free users can also show interest through the “flirt” option.
- The paid membership is priced at par with the competition.
Wrapping It Up
The internet is a huge playground with unlimited options. We have selected and reviewed a few trusted websites like Ashley Madison with a decent reputation.
That being said, you need to exercise caution while interacting with strangers online. Dip your toe first and jump in as you get more comfortable to avoid unpleasant surprises.