So you are wondering how to find FWB? There are a ton of FWB dating apps available online, but only a select few are actually worth using.
That’s because most sites can come with too many bots pretending to be fellow members, have poor user interfaces, a small user base, or a combination of those things.
In this guide, we’ll dive into the best sites to find friends with benefits and explore the pros and cons of each one.
Recommended FWB Dating Sites
- Best for friends with benefits dating
- Identity-shielding features, anonymous profiles
- Known for being ‘The Affair’ site
Adult Friend Finder
- Oldest and largest online FWB site
- 80 million users worldwide
- Easy and free registration
- Welcomes dating and sexual preferences
- Very popular in the USA and Canada
- Very good ratio of men/women users
How we reviewed the FWB dating sites
Reviewing online dating sites takes a lot of time and effort, which is why nobody does it thoroughly. However, it is the only way to find out if a particular dating site is worth it or not.
We have spent a lot of time and money testing different friends with benefits dating sites and apps over the last few years, so you don’t have to. We can now tell you which site you can trust and which is a scam.
Let me walk you through our review process.
Dating Inspector Review Process:
- We signed up for both the free version and any paid versions of the FWB dating apps and websites we’re reviewing.
- We browsed the sites for several weeks.
- We communicated with many women using all the messaging features.
- We set up dozens of dates with women and met up with them.
- We rated our experiences against all FWB apps we reviewed.
- We got in contact with other users to gather some relevant feedback.
All these actions led to the following list of 10 best FWB sites to try:
So now, let’s take a look at this friends-with-benefits dating guide.
1# AdultFriendFinder – Best FWB Site
Adult Friend Finder is the largest FWB dating app for finding a casual relationship. It has over 80 million members from all over the world, of whom roughly 2 million are active at any given time.
The site accommodates everyone from younger users to older people and from straight, gay, and lesbian users to those who would like to explore specific fetishes. A majority of the members are men, and most users are looking for casual sex.
In addition to casual encounters and friends with benefits relationships, there are also opportunities for exploring your sexuality, including webcam shows and sex blogs for sharing erotic stories.
Registration takes only five minutes or less. The site invests heavily in security to protect the privacy of individual members. They also have lots of moderators who monitor the site and keep a close eye on anybody causing harassment.
Check out sites like AdultFriendFinder if you want to expand your dating pool.
One month of Adult Friend Finder costs $39.95. The price lowers to $26.95 per month if you sign up for three months or $19.95 per month if you sign up for twelve months.
The free version of Adult Friend Finder gives you the following options:
- Create a ‘Hotlist’ of people you like
- Like or comment posts, photos, and videos
- Search for members using filters
- Play the Hot or Not game
- Join groups of users
However, when you sign up for a paid subscription, you’ll additionally get to:
- View full profiles of all users
- Send gifts
- Send messages
- Receive messages
- Watch other members on live streams
- Add friends
- Chat with other users
- A large and dedicated user base
- Numerous opportunities for interacting with other people (including webcam, blog posts, and joining groups)
- Plenty of digital sex options
- The mobile version is a bit clunky
- No matching system
Ashley Madison is one of the most famous friends with benefits dating sites in existence and is known for being ‘The Affair’ site where members seek discreet, no strings attached hookups.
It has over 17 million members in the United States, and around 20,000 are active daily.
Most of the users here are middle-aged and looking for secret affairs. You can find both people who are either divorced/separated from their spouses or otherwise in an unhappy marriage/relationship and looking for something fun on the side.
Since AshleyMadison.com is mostly geared toward users who are already in a relationship, the portal offers multiple options to help you stay discreet:
- You can put a mask around your eyes in your photos so people wouldn’t recognize you.
- The mobile app icon is discreetly black, so it can disappear into the background of your phone.
- You can pay with gift cards from big retail giants like Home Depot, Starbucks, etc.
Ashley Madison has had a history of data breaches, with the most notorious incident in 2015. However, this friends with benefits dating app has tightened its security measures considerably since then and has avoided similar data breaches.
You can also check out these Ashley Madison alternatives.
Ashley Madison operates using a credit-based system to access the paid features. 100 credits cost $59, 500 credits cost $169, and 1,000 credits cost $289.
For free, you can set up a profile and:
- Search for users using the filter feature
- Send winks
- Create a list of your favorite users who you’d like to reach out to later
When you pay using the above credits, you gain access to features such as:
- Sending virtual gifts
- Boost your profile so it’s more visible to other members
- Send personalized messages
- A massive and active membership base
- Lots of privacy options so you can stay discreet
- You can search for and match with other members using the free system
- Female users do not have to pay
- The layout is a bit basic
- It has a history of significant privacy breaches, even though security has been tightened
- Communicating with others requires a paid plan
- You need a paid membership to access the priority customer support
There are over 36 million members of Passion, of whom roughly 60,000 are active daily. Most users are from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and France.
Unlike other FWB dating apps, there is a much higher ratio of female versus male users here, with women outnumbering men by five to one.
Perhaps the best aspect of Passion is the sexual diversity of its members, as you can find virtually any gender or sexual preference. It’s easy to filter through users based on these preferences.
Up to 15% of accounts consist of couples looking for threesomes.
The customer support for Passion is also strong, with moderators actively looking for those causing harassment or other issues so they can be blocked.
A one-month subscription plan at Passion costs $27.95. This fee lowers to $19.95 a month if you sign up for three months or $14.95 if you sign up for twelve months.
Alternatively, access to just the private chat rooms costs $9.95 a month. You can also buy individual credits for $0.01 to $0.02 per credit, depending on how many you buy.
The free version of Passion gives you the following options:
- View videos and photos
- Send flirts
- Access to the unlimited live webcam feature
- Access to group chats
When you upgrade to a paid subscription plan, you gain access to features like:
- Search for other members
- View the profile summaries of other members
- A very large user base
- Excellent customer service
- Numerous features are available with the free version
- Easy to filter based on location, sexual orientation, or age
- No mobile app version
SexFinder boasts over 40 million users in the United States alone, of whom roughly 80,000 are active at any given time.
Almost all of SexFinder’s users are over the age of twenty-five, and males outnumber females by a more than two-to-one ratio.
The site’s member base is very diverse when it comes to sexual orientations and what people are looking for. You can take Personality, Purity, and Kinks tests to help narrow down the users you’re searching for.
Unlike most other FWB sites, the instant messaging features can be accessed with the free plan.
One month of SexFinder costs $39.95, but this lowers to $26.95 for three months or $19.95 for twelve months.
You can also access paid features with a credit system. 200 credits cost $3, while 1000 credits cost $10.
For free, you can:
- Watch one live webcam show at a time
- Join blogs or chat rooms
- Upload your own pictures and images
- Add up to 200 users to your HotList
- Gain access to the Instant Messenger feature
When you upgrade to a paid plan, you can:
- Watch unlimited live webcam shows
- Add up to 1,000 users to your HotList
- Access the Advanced Search Feature
- View complete profiles
- Send friend requests and flirts
- Gain access to the Sex Academy
- Focused heavily on privacy and keeping your FWB relationship discreet
- Mobile application available
- The user interface is sleek and easy-to-use
- The profiles are very diverse
- You cannot deactivate your profile, and several users are subsequently inactive
FriendFinderX is one of the best FWB dating apps in the world. In operation for over twenty years, it accommodates people of all sexual orientations and genders.
The site currently has over 80 million members, and most of them are based in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
The site is definitely aimed at those who seek discreet sexual encounters rather than long-term relationships.
Registration is very fast, and the site also has a strong customer support system, which you’ll need a paid membership to access.
Learn more with our FriendFinder X review.
The Gold membership plan for FriendFinderX costs $40 for one month, or you can pay just $240 for the full year.
You can also access the features of the site using a credit system. You can buy one hundred credits for $12 or 1000 credits for $99.
For free, you can:
- Join groups
- Comment on blogs
- Send likes to videos and photos
- Browse live member chatrooms
With a paid plan, you get more features, including:
- Send flirts to members
- Access priority customer support
- Viewing Sex Academy courses
- Watch full-length videos from other members
- The signup process is very fast
- It’s very easy to filter through profiles
- Customer support is strong and fast
- Lots of customization options for your profile
- Almost all additional features that allow you to communicate with users require a paid plan
- You need a paid plan to access the priority customer support
6# Saucy Dates
Saucy Dates is a smaller FWB site, but that doesn’t mean you should count it out. The site has just 200,000 users, many of whom are in the 25 to 34 age range.
Most people here are looking for NSA dating opportunities, casual one-night stands, and discreet, illicit encounters.
Take note that Saucy Dates also has few additional features beyond streaming videos or interacting with users. The paid plan allows you to message others but not much else.
Saucy Dates is one of the most inexpensive options for a friends with benefits dating site. A one-month subscription costs you just $12.95, but this drops down to $8.95 if you sign up for twelve months at once.
Without a paid subscription plan, you can:
- Upload nine photos to your profile and choose which users can see them
- Search for users using the filter feature
- Stream a live show
- Send ‘Hot’ messages
When you do invest in a paid subscription, you can:
- Send messages to all users
- Receive a VIP badge
- The user interface is very clean and intuitive
- You can operate a private photo gallery with users of your choice
- You can stream your own sexual content via chat rooms
- Does not have detailed profiles
- Small membership base compared to other FWB dating apps
- Lack of additional features for the paid membership plan
FWBDatingOnly, sometimes just called FWB, is an FWB dating site for iOS and Android mobile devices that does not yet have a desktop website version.
This hookup dating app has a much smaller user base, a majority of whom are inactive. Furthermore, there are also lots of fake profiles.
This friends with benefits site claims to offer the ability to message other members, provide access to cybersex chatrooms, a webcam room, and the ability to watch member videos. But the site is owned by The Perfect Match Ltd., which has a reputation for creating lower-quality hookup sites with lots of fake profiles and scams.
All in all, this is a site that you would be wise to avoid.
FWBDatingOnly operates with a credit-based system, which can be purchased in $30, $50, $100, or $250 increments. The chat rooms themselves are offered without a paid plan, but the rest of the features require credits.
- You can sign up anonymously
- No advanced matchmaking system
- A majority of the user base is inactive
- Features are rather basic
- Only available as a mobile dating app
Feeld is a lesser-known friends-with-benefits site, but also one that’s unique and worth checking out. The site has over 2 million members in the United States, and about 500,000 members are active weekly.
The site’s main appeal is that around 60% of its members are registered as couples, so it’s a good option if you want a threesome. 75% of the users also report as heterosexual, but the site is open to all genders and orientations.
Feeld has strong security measures with its strict privacy policies and moderators, who actively work to ensure there is no nudity or harassment present on the site.
You have to connect your Facebook account to your Feeld profile when you sign up, but you can hide your Facebook profile when you invest in a paid plan.
One month of Feeld sets you back $15.99, but the price lowers to $10.66 a month if you buy three months’ worth at once.
For free, you can:
- ‘Like’ profiles
- Message other members
- Search for like-minded people with your filters
When you invest in a paid subscription plan, you can:
- Hide your Facebook profile
- See when a user was last active
- Moderation is very strict
- The verification process is also strict
- Open to all genders and orientations
- A good choice for setting up threesomes as a majority of users are couples
- There is no desktop version of the site
- Photo sharing is restricted
- You have to sync your account to your Facebook account (but you can hide it from your profile with a paid subscription plan)
- Only available as a mobile hookup app
Launched in 2004, OkCupid is one of the most popular dating websites in the world. It has over ten million users in the United States and fifty million globally, with most members falling in the 25 to 34 age range.
OkCupid is one of the very best choices for a free dating site because it does not cost you anything to search for or interact with other members.
It’s also a good choice for anything from long-term relationships to something discreet to casual one-night stands. When you first sign up, you can choose between ‘short-term dating,’ ‘long-term dating,’ ‘new friends,’ or ‘hookups.’
The big appeal to OkCupid is that you can search for and talk to other members for free. However, it does offer paid membership plans as well.
A one-month basic subscription costs $7.95 per month or $3.95 per month if you sign up for six months. A premium subscription costs $24.90 per month or $19.90 per month for six months.
A basic plan earns you:
- The ability to send unlimited likes
- The ability to unlock all intros from users who reach out to you
- No outside advertisements
When you invest in the premium plan, you get all of the above features in addition to:
- Seeing everyone else’s answers to their questions before you answer them
- Seeing everyone who likes you before you decide to like them
- It does not cost anything to interact with other members
- Open to all genders and sexual orientations
- The design of the site is very user friendly
- Good for both long-term or casual FWB relationship
- Some users are not serious about actually meeting people in real life
POF, or Plenty of Fish, is a very large dating site with over 78 million members, of whom around 2 million log in daily. Most users are in the 25 to 34 age range.
What’s unique about this site is that you can engage with others and groups via forum posts. You can discuss anything from dating to entertainment to other issues and then reach out to users you meet individually.
There is no video calling feature as most other online dating sites have, but there is a voice messaging feature, and you can send messages to other users without investing in a paid plan.
You can buy a paid subscription plan to POF for $38.70 for two months, $51.00 for four months, or $81.40 for eight months.
Without a paid plan, you can still access these features:
- Send messages (but you can’t see the status of the message)
- See lists of existing members
- View profiles
- Send voice messages
- Participate in group forums
However, when you invest in a paid plan, you can:
- View the full profiles of users
- Remove advertisements
- See when someone views your profile
- Send three virtual gifts to other users each day
- Know the status of the messages you send
- Boost your profile with the ‘Meet Me’ feature
- The interface is very sleek and modern
- Good choice for finding users in sparsely populated areas
- You can see who has viewed your profile
- Plenty of advanced search filters
- Lots of advertisements that can be removed only after upgrading to a paid plan
- No option for video chatting
Are You Ready to Find Friends With Benefits?
Hopefully, this guide served as a valuable resource on the best FWB sites so you can narrow down your list of options. Make sure to read this post to learn how to ask someone to be a friend with benefits.
While each FWB site has its pros and cons, they all share one thing in common:
They each have people looking to explore their adventurous and kinkier side when it comes to their sexuality.
If that’s what you want as well, get ready for a fun time!